Saturday, April 30, 2016

URBAN DECAY X GWEN STEFANI PALETTE REVIEW

Hey guys! I thought it was about time that I did another review, especially on a product I've been using for a while. I got the Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani palette for Christmas from my parents and brought it to college so I could test it out. After using it for a few months, I have developed an opinion on it. 

First of all, it is not my favorite palette. I brought this palette and the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette to college and reach for the Too Faced one much more. 

The first 3 shades (Blonde, Bathwater, and Skimp) are too close to my skin tone so they don't show up very well. Blonde has a slight shimmer, Bathwater is as shimmery light gold, and skimp is matte. Personally, the don't really show up on my skin tone so I tend not to use them. The next shade, Steady, a shimmery copper, is too orange for my skin tone and doesn't flatter me. Punk, a matte burgundy, is absolutely beautiful, but looks almost black when you swatch it. 

Starting with the next row, Baby, is again too warm for my skin tone. The 2 matte browns, Anaheim and Zone, are ones that I constantly reach for because they aren't too dark or light. They are the perfect crease color. Stark, again, is basically the same color as my skin tone and doesn't show up. Serious, a matte grey, is just a staple eyeshadow color. 

I only use one in the last row, which is the matte black, Knockout. This is great for deepening up your eyeshadow or using just for eyeliner. The other 4 colors are glitters, which I tend not to use. They are also a little too bright for me. 

-----







-----

Do you guys have this palette? What are your thoughts on it? I'd love to know your opinion. 

-----

Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin'!

-----

No comments:

Post a Comment