Saturday, September 05, 2015

BOOKS I READ | SUMMER 2015

As I said in my How to Enjoy Reading post, I have recently gotten into reading, when I have the time. . If you haven't read that post, click here.

This summer, I wanted to try to read at least 2 books that I was genuinely interested in. This was a big step for me because normally, I don't really do much with my summers. I am proud to say I read way more than 2 books. It helped that I read most of these on airplanes where I had nothing better to do.

1. PAPER TOWNS BY JOHN GREEN
Contrary to popular belief, I was not a fan of this book. I enjoyed the first part, where Quentin and Margo go on their midnight adventure. But after that, I thought that the plot was boring; nothing really exciting happened. I was hoping to see a hopeful ending after a boring plot, but I was disappointed. The ending was uneventful. I did not like this book. It got to the point where I had to buy the audio book just to finish it.

2. TO ALL THE BOYS I'VE LOVED BEFORE BY JENNY HAN
I actually loved this book. At first, I thought this book would be a bit too young for me, but I ended up enjoying it a lot. As you can kind of guess, it's about a girl who writes "love letters" to guys once she is over them, but she never sends them. There's a letter to her first kiss, a boy from camp, and even her sister's boyfriend. One day, the letters get sent out and she has to deal with her past loves face to face. I started it on a plane to Chicago and finished it the next day; it's a super easy read. This book kind ends so abruptly that you almost need to have the second book on hand.

3. P.S. I STILL LOVE YOU BY JENNY HAN
This is the sequel to To All The Boys I've Loved Before. This book honestly picks up right from where the first one left off. I loved this book so much. I read it on the plane back from Chicago. Again, it's a super easy read. This book also ends kind of abruptly. I really want the author to come out with a third book to the series.

4. STOLEN BY LUCY CHRISTOPHER
This book is amazing; I think I read it the fastest. It is about a teenage girl named Gemma who gets taken by a 26-year-old man named Ty in an airport. He takes her to a house in the middle of Australian dessert where there is no other people or houses for hundreds of miles. Don't worry if you think this book is going to be too violent because it's really not. Ty doesn't do anything super harming or sexual toward Gemma. All he wants is to have a companion. Honestly, I did not think I was going to like this book that much, but I ended up loving it. It is told in the second person point of view so it really gets your attention. I highly recommend this book!


5. THE SELECTION SERIES (THE SELECTION, THE ELITE, & THE ONE) BY KIERA CASS
I really loved this book series! It's basically like the Bachelor but royalty edition. The main character, America, takes part in the Selection, where girls "compete" for the heart of the prince. These 3 books just detail the process that America goes through while getting to know the future King. Again, I read these books super quickly. I think they were super easy reads for a 17-year-old. The second and third books pick up right where the one before left off, so I suggest having all 3 books on hand.

Let me know if you guys enjoyed this post! It's a little different from my normal beauty/fashion ones.

To follow me on GoodReads, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment