Tuesday, June 14, 2016

UPDATE | SUMMER PLANS


In my past summers, all I've done is hang out with friends occasionally and just lounge around. I knew that I definitely didn't want to do that again this summer, so I decided to do something about it. So, I contacted a family friend at my local Alzheimer's Association chapter and got an internship doing event planning for their upcoming walk in October. I love event planning and it's definitely something I want to pursue more of in the future. 

Since that is only 2 days a week, I decided to get a retail job as well. Through a mutual friend, I heard about this new store, called Garage, opening in my local mall. I had never heard of it before since it is a Canadian brand. It's super exciting because I am working at the first California store ever opened. It's super exciting.

There is nothing I hate more during summer than being lazy, so it's so nice to be busy. My other friends have jobs around the same time as mine so we will all be doing something productive, then be able to hang out after or on days off. 

Another thing I have planned this summer is a few trips. For 4th of July, I will be going to my family's summer lake house in New Hampshire. It is a huge tradition for the whole family to get together so I am very excited for that. 

Lastly, the last trip I have planned (for now) is a road trip to Southern California with 3 of my friends. We will be spending most of the time at Disneyland, but will also be exploring around L.A. and Malibu. It's going to be an expensive trip, but I couldn't be more excited. 

I also have a lot of awesome content planned for the blog. I'm super excited for this journey of inspiration.

-----

Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin'!

-----

No comments:

Post a Comment