Monday, July 13, 2015

SKINCARE ROUTINE | JULY 2015

Hey guys! I decided to share with my skincare routine with you in the hopes that it will be helpful for some of you. I have battled with acne for as long as I can remember. At the start of this year, my acne worsened on the lower half of my face. I have been to the dermatologist and have been trying almost everything to try to keep my acne at bay. I hope this post helps you in some way! 

Cleansers
I know what you're wondering! Casey, why do you need 3 cleansers? Well, they all have different purposes to me. I am thinking of narrowing it down soon, though.

1. POND'S Cold Cream Cleanser - I absolutely love this to take off my makeup. You put it on dry skin and the oil in the cleanser just dissolves your makeup. It's amazing. The only problem I have with this is that you have to use a wet washcloth to take it off and it gets really messy and inconvenient. Currently, I am looking for an alternative oil cleanser that takes off makeup easily. Let me know if you have any recommendations!

2. PanOxyl - This was prescribed to me by my dermatologist to help my acne. I use this about once a day in the shower, sometimes with my Clarisonic. Honestly, I notice a huge difference in my skin when I don't have it. I try to keep a backup at all times just in case that happens. 

3. Bioré Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser - If I am not taking a shower and I need to wash my face, I use this cleanser. I haven't noticed a big difference in my skin since using this so I may discontinue.


Toner
I think I have always used a Toner. I used to use a Clean&Clear one but it was way too strong for my skin. It made my skin irritated and dry. I really love this LUSH Tea Tree Water Toner Water. This toner is targeted toward acne-prone skin. I honestly noticed a huge difference in my skin when I started using this. I highly recommend it even though it is a little more on the pricy side.


Moisturizers
When I was younger, my parents used to tell me not to moisturize my skin if it was already oily because it will just make it more oily. I believed them for a while until I was introduced to YouTube and everyone says to moisturize even if you have oily skin. I cannot believe how much a difference moisturizing made to my skin. It was so much less oily. I highly recommend moisturizing, even if it just at night. 

1. Kiss My Face Sunscreen for Face&Neck SPF 50 - I started using this after I was constantly getting sunburned on my face due to the acne medication I was taking. (which I'm not taking anymore!) I needed something that was going to protect my skin and it did. I highly recommend using a sunscreen everyday!

2. Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin - I don't really see a difference in my skin when using this moisturizer. Some other moisturizers I have liked are the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Face Moisturizer and the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+. If you're looking for a moisturizer, I recommend any of these. 

3. Sweet Almond Oil - I heard almond oil is amazing for your skin so I have started integrating into my routine. Sometimes I will add a drop or two to the Neutrogena moisturizer or into my foundation to make it look more natural.


Acne Treatments
Since going to a dermatologist, I have been prescribed 2 topical medications to treat my acne. I use Aczone in the morning; it targets my breakouts. I use Adapalene at night; it targets acne scarring. These 2 products do seem to help a bit but I am going back to the dermatologist soon so she may switch up my medications.


Masks
I really enjoy doing masks. I probably do either one or two during the week. I have never used this Feeling Beautiful Avocado & Oatmeal Clay Mask but I am excited to try it. This was just the only one I have at the moment. I think my favorite mask is the BiorĂ© Self Heating One Minute Mask. When you add water to this mask, it becomes warm. I really love this mask because I feel like the heat from the mask really opens up my pores and cleans them out. Some other masks I like are the Origins Clear Improvement Mask (when I am having breakouts) and the Origins Drink Up Intensive Mask (for when my face becomes too dry/I'm on an airplane).


I hope you guys enjoyed this post! Let me know if you are interested in more skincare posts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment